A Flight By An Aeroplane

   Aero plane is a great modern invention. There is no doubt to say that aero plane has bought big revolution in the history of traveling . Because of it the distances have shrunk and the journey which used to take months and years now is completed in hours and minutes. The journey by aero plane is also very interesting.
   For the past years I have watched planes winging their way over our house at all the hours of the day. Sometimes there have been great four engined bomber planes in wartime moving with the dignity of ocean liners and sometimes small two seater planes making plenty of noise. Always have I watched them In fascinated attraction and longed yet dreded to have a flight. Last Friday the public were invited to inspect the aerodome and fights were only five rupees a time. Father gave me money and I went up full of excitement.
   The plane in which six passengers embarked along with myself. Was an old American Dakota. The propeller was moving but was hardly visible as it stood on the asphalt at the commencement of the runway. We climbed abroad and were strapped to our seats. The sound of the engines rose to a roar as moved off and gradually increased our speed. The propeller was quite invisible now and it was with a feeling of surprise that I noticed that the ground was some distance beneath me. I had no noticed that instant when we became air borne.
   The plane banked steeply as the pilot took us round in a graceful curve. We were now at about four hundred feet as nearly as I could estimate and still rising. Looking down I could see the river winding its waay like a streak of silver through the brown and green of the country. Houses looked like tiny cottages through I knew that they were quite large buildings. I could see the gardens and the roads running past them. The sensation was smooth and comforting. Suddenly there was a fall and a shock. With a sinking feeling in stomach. I wonder whether we were feeling but I learned afterwords that it was what they call an air pocket a tiny area of lowered pressure where the plane falls a few feet.
   At about two thousand feet we made a circuit of the city and I saw the huddled houses with green spaces in between. I was calm and triumphant. Feeling is safe as when on the ground We gradually came down and regained the firm land with hardly a jolt and taxied to standstill on the runway. I have now decided to take up the career of a pilot. I am so much impressed by this flight that I will never forget this journey.

0 comments:

Products You May Like

Copyright © 2013 English Comprehension